This Rain Gauge Smart Sensor measures rainfall with a resolution of .2 mm, and 1% accuracy for rainfall rates up to 12.7 cm. The tipping bucket mechanism is mounted on a stainless steel shaft with brass bearings. This model includes a 2m cable.
Also available in a wireless model for use with the HOBOnet Field Monitoring System.
- Measures rainfall rates up to 12.7 cm per hour
- Resolution of 0.2 mm
- Maximum of 4000 tips per interval
- 2m cable
In what environment does this sensor operate?
This sensor operates in an outdoor environment.
What measurements does this sensor support?
The S-RGB-M002 sensor supports the following measurement: Rainfall
The country of origin for this product is the United States. To see the full specifications for this product, please see our product manual found under the documentation tab if available.
- Measurement range: 0–12.7 cm or 0–5 in. per hour; maximum 4000 tips per interval
- Operating range: 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F); survival -40° to 75°C (-40° to +167°)
- Mechanism: Tipping bucket, stainless steel shaft with brass bearings
- Resolution: 0.2 mm (S-RGB) 0.01 inch (S-RGA) models
- Calibration: Requires annual calibration; can be field calibrated by user or returned to factory
- Calibration accuracy: ±1.0% at up to 20 mm or 1" per hour
- Housing: Aluminum housing and collector
- Dimensions: 22.8 cm height x 15.4 cm diameter (9" height x 6" diameter), 154 mm receiving orifice (6.06")
- Approximate weight: 1 Kg (2 lbs)
- Cable lengths: 2 meter, 6.5 feet
Note: Comes with side bracket for post or tripod mount and feet for surface mount. If mounting separate from main tripod, order with 6m cable and an additional 1.5m mast. If mounting on main tripod, order with guy wire kit.
- The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with all relevant directives in the European Union (EU)