The 12-bit Voltage Input Adapter interfaces with sensors providing 0-5 VDC signals to act as a smart sensor with compatible data loggers. This adapter features both a non-switched input and a battery-saving switched input that extends the life of external batteries. It also provides a trigger signal for controlling power to attached external sensors, while offering digital filtering which improves measurement accuracy with 32 readings/sample.
- 12-bit resolution
- Digital filtering improves measurement accuracy with 32 readings/sample—4-20 mA adapter has 60 Hz noise rejection
- Measurement averaging over logging interval further enhances accuracy
- Plug-in modular connector for easy interface with HOBO® Weather Station or HOBO® Micro Station data loggers
- Screw terminal for connecting to sensors
- Micro Station has room for two adapters and Weather Station has room for ten (adapters mount inside station enclosure)
- Represents one data input channel
In what environment does this sensor operate?
This sensor operates in indoor and outdoor environments.
What measurements does this sensor support?
The S-VIA-CM14 sensor supports the following measurement: DC Voltage
To see the full specifications for this product, please see our product manual found under the documentation tab if available.
- Measurement range: 0-5 V DC
- Accuracy: ±10mV ±0.3% of reading (over operating temperature range)
- Resolution: ±1.221 millivolts
- Input impedance: 1 Megohms
- Sensor trigger open collector: Maximum sink current: 115 mA; 30V maximum
- Sensor trigger source: Voltage: 2.5 V ±2.4%; maximum current: 1 mA
- Trigger Timing
- Warm-up time: 10.3 ms ±3% (fixed)
- Measurement time: 2.4 ms ±3%
- Cable length: 14 cm (5.5 inch)
- Ground connection: Same for adapters and PC interface