The KM400AP Waterproof Allergen Thermometer is -coded for food allergy procedures and features a thin tip for fast response times.
The pen-style KM400AP Waterproof Allergen Thermometer is purple, the agreed in the food service industry for kitchens to identify allergen-free food items.
If your kitchen regularly handles milk, eggs, fish, peanuts, tree nuts (walnuts, almonds), wheat, soybeans and shellfish (shrimp, crab) or other food allergens, preventing cross contamination is becoming more and more important. HACCP plans now detail separating foods or ingredients which may cause allergies and also using separate utensils for different foods.
The KM400AP Waterproof Allergen Thermometer has a 1.5mm thin tip for a fast response together with a hold feature on the thermometer which enables the user to temporarily fix the reading the screen while they note a measurement.
• Auto Power Off
• Data Hold
• 1.5 volt battery included
• Storage sheath with clip
• Color-coded for food safety
• Purple color is for allergens
• Thin tip probe for fast response
• Easy-to-read LCD readout
• Has on/off button
• 2.75″ (75mm) stainless steel stem
• NSF Listed
• BioCote Antimicrobial Protection
Press the ‘ON/OFF‘ button to start or stop the operation of the KM400AP. The unit will automatically power off after 35 minutes to save battery life. Low battery is indicated by ‘LOB’ blinking alternately with a reading. Replace the battery immediately.
Switching Between °C and °F
With the unit off, hold the ‘ON/OFF‘ button and the display will alternate between ‘°F’ and ‘°C’. Release the ‘ON/OFF‘ button when the desired mode is displayed.
Data Hold Function
To hold a displayed reading, press the ‘D-H’ (Data hold) button. The reading will flash when the Data Hold is in operation. Press the ‘D-H’ (Data hold) button again to return to normal operation.
Use a coin to open the case. Replace with an battery and re-seat the case.
Field Calibration Procedures
1. The KM400AP is only calibratable in a slush ice solution (60% crushed ice and 40% tap water) or a water bath. Do not attempt to calibrate in any other manner
2. Immerse the stem of the thermometer to at least 1/2 length in the slush ice solution
3. Wait for the reading to become stable (usually ±1° of 0°C / ±2° of +32°F)
4. Press and hold the D-H button for 8 seconds to begin calibration
5. CAL will be displayed for two seconds and calibration at 0°C / +32°F is completed
6. Remove the thermometer from the ice water and continue to take measurements
Note: CAL will be displayed any time the D-H key is pressed for 8 seconds, but the thermometer will not be re-calibrated unless the tip is inserted in ice water
|Temperature Measurement Range||-50°C to +200°C / -58°F to +400°F|
|Accuracy (-4°F to 176°F ) (-20°C to 80°C)||±1°C / ±2°F|
|Accuracy (177°F to 302°F ) (81°C to 150°C)||±1.5°C / ±3°F|
|Accuracy (303°F to 400°F ) (151°C to 200°C)||±2°C / ±4°F|
|Resolution||0.1° C / F|
|Stem Length||2.75" / 70mm|
|Tip Diameter||0.06" / 1.5mm|
|Response Time||6 seconds|
|Certification||NSF, CE, RoHS, WEEE, IP67|
|Case Material||ABS with BioCote Antimicrobial Protection|
|Battery Type||1.5 V Button Cell (Part No. AB13, LR44)|
|Auto Off||Yes, after 30 minutes|