Measure wind speed from 0 to 76 m/s (0 to 170 mph). This smart sensor provides data reporting average wind speed and highest 3 second gust for each logging interval. The starting threshold is 1 m/s (2.2 mph); sensor survives through 170 mph. This model comes with a 3m cable.
NOTE: an M-CAA Full Cross Arm or a M-CAB Half Cross Arm is required for mounting.
Also available in a wireless model for use with the HOBOnet Field Monitoring System
- 3 cup anemometer with TEFLON® bearings and hardened beryllium shaft
- Measure wind speed from 0 to 76 m/s (0 to 170 mph)
- 170 mph survivability
In what environment does this sensor operate?
This sensor operates in indoor and outdoor environments.
What measurements does this sensor support?
The S-WSB-M003 sensor supports the following measurement: Wind
The country of origin for this product is the United States. To see the full specifications for this product, please see our product manual found under the documentation tab if available.
- Measurement parameters: average wind speed and highest 3 second gust in logging interval
- Measurement range: 0 to 76 m/s (0 to 170 mph)
- Operating temperature range: -40° to 75°C (-40° to 167°F)
- Accuracy: ±1.1m/s (2.4 mph) or ±4% of reading whichever is greater
- Resolution: 0.5 m/s (1.1 mph)
- Starting threshold: 1 m/s (2.2 mph)
- Maximum wind speed survival: 76 m/s (170 mph)
- Distance constant: 3 meters
- Housing: 3 cup anemometer with TEFLON® bearings and hardened beryllium shaft
- Dimensions: 190 cm x 51 cm (7.5" x 3.2")
- Approximate weight: 300 g (10 oz)
- Cable length: 3 meter (10')
- Length of Smart Sensor Network Cable: 0.5m
- Service life: greater than 5 year life typical
Note: Cross arm recommended or pole mount (2 hose clamps required for pole mount)
The CE marking identifies this product as complying with all relevant directives in the European Union (EU). To minimize measurement errors due to ambient RF, use the shortest possible probe cable length and keep the probe cable as far as possible from other cables.