The HOBO Occupancy & Light data logger monitors room occupancy and indoor light changes to identify occupancy patterns and determine energy usage and potential savings. The HOBO UX90-005 Room Occupancy/Light Data Logger is available in a standard 128 KB memory model (UX90-005) capable of 84,650 measurements and an expanded 512KB memory version (UX90-005M) capable of over 346,795 measurements.
- Measures room occupancy up to 5 meters away
- Auto-calibration of ON and OFF thresholds ensures reliable readings
- LCD screen displays signal strength, enabling proper logger placement
- Highly recommended light pipe accessory eliminates effects of ambient light to ensure the most accurate readings
- Compatible with HOBOware and HOBOware Pro software for logger setup, graphing and analysis
In what environment does this data logger operate?
This data logger operates in an indoor environment.
What measurements does this data logger support?
The UX90-005 data logger supports the following measurements: Light On/Off and Occupancy
The country of origin for this product is the United States. To see the full specifications for this product, please see our product manual found under the documentation tab if available.
Detection range: UX90-005x: maximum 5 m (16.4 ft)
UX90-005x: 94° (±47°) Horizontal; 82° (±41°) Vertical (see Figure A)
UX90-006x: 102° (±51°) Horizontal; 92° (±46°) Vertical (see Figure B)
UX90-005x: 64 (see Figure A)
UX90-006x: 92 (see Figure B)
Light threshold: > 65 lux
Light type: LED, CFL, fluorescent, HID, incandescent, natural
Time accuracy: ±1 minute per month at 25°C (77°F) (see Plot A)
Battery life: 1 year typical use
UX90-005/-006: 128 KB (84,650 measurements, maximum)
UX90-005M/-006M: 512 KB (346,795 measurements, maximum)
Download type: USB 2.0 interface
Download time: 10 seconds for 128 KB; 30 seconds for 512 KB
Logger Operating Range
Logging: -20° to 70°C (-4° to 158°F); 0 to 95% RH (non-condensing)
Launch/readout: 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F) per USB specification
Occupancy sensor range: 20° to 60°C (-4° to 140°F); 15 to 85% RH (non-condensing)
LCD: LCD is visible from: 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F); the LCD may react slowly or go blank in temperatures outside this range
UX90-005x: 3.66 x 8.48 x 2.36 cm (1.44 x 3.34 x 0.93 in.)
UX90-006x: 3.66 x 8.48 x 2.87 cm (1.44 x 3.34 x 1.13 in.)
Weight: 30 g (1.06 oz)
Environmental rating: IP50
- The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with all relevant directives in the European Union (EU)