Combining high accuracy water level measurements with out-of-the-box convenience, this money-saving kit includes everything needed to start logging right away. It is ideal for monitoring water levels and temperatures in wells, streams, lakes and freshwater wetlands.
This kit includes:
- U20-001-04 HOBO data logger (13' range)
- BASE-U-4 base station with the required coupler
- BHW-PRO HOBOware Pro software.
- Like other HOBO Water Level Data Loggers, the 13-foot version offers exceptional value and ease-of-use, with no cumbersome vent tubes or desiccants to maintain.
- Lightning protection - no long signal wires, and electronics are shielded in stainless steel housing (see the Water Level logger sensor location drawing)
- HOBOware Pro software provides easy conversion to accurate water level reading, fully compensated for barometric pressure (see demo), temperature, and water density (use barometric pressure data from nearby weather station).
- Multiple-rate sampling (see demo) allows faster sampling at critical times such as when pumping starts or stops.
- Available in four depth ranges
- Ideal for use in wells, streams, lakes, wetlands and tidal areas
- No-vent-tube design for easy reliable deployment
- Durable ceramic pressure sensor
- In what environment does this kit operate?
- This kit operates in outdoor and underwater environments.
What measurements does this kit support?
The KIT-S-U20-04 kit supports the following measurements: Absolute Pressure, Barometric Pressure, Temperature and Water Level
The country of origin for this product is the United States. To see the full specifications for this product, please see our product manual found under the documentation tab if available.
Operation range: 0 to 145 kPa (0 to 21 psia); approximately 0 to 4 m (0 to 13 ft) of water depth at sea level, or 0 to 7 m (0 to 23 ft) of water at 3,000 m (10,000 ft) of altitude
Factory calibrated range: 69 to 145 kPa (10 to 21 psia), 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
Burst pressure: 310 kPa (45 psia) or 18 m (60 ft) depth
Water level accuracy:* Typical error - 0.075% FS, 0.3 cm (0.01 ft) water
Maximum error: - 0.15% FS, 0.6 cm (0.02 ft) water
Raw pressure accuracy:** 0.3% FS, 0.43 kPa (0.063 psi) maximum error
Resolution: < 0.014 kPa (0.002 psi), 0.14 cm (0.005 ft) water
Pressure response time 90%: < 1 second
Thermal response time (90%): † Approximately 10 minutes in water to achieve full temperature compensation of the pressure sensor
Operation range: -20° to 50°C (-4° to 122°F)
Accuracy: 0.37°C at 20°C (0.67°F at 68°F), see Plot A
Resolution: 0.1°C at 20°C (0.18°F at 68°F) (10-bit), see Plot A
Response time (90%): 3.5 minutes in water (typical)
Stability (drift): 0.1°C (0.18°F) per year
Real-time clock: ± 1 minute per month 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F)
Battery: 2/3 AA, 3.6 Volt Lithium, factory-replaceable
Battery life (typical use): 5 years with 1 minute or greater logging interval
Memory (non-volatile): 64K bytes memory (approx. 21,700 pressure and temperature samples)
Dimensions: 2.46 cm (0.97 inches) diameter, 15 cm (5.9 inches) length; mounting hole 6.3 mm (0.25 inches) diameter
Weight: Approximately 210 g (7.4 oz)
Wetted materials: 316 stainless steel, Viton® o-rings, acetyl cap, ceramic sensor
Shock/drop: Logger is sensitive to shocks. Handle with care and avoid any impact. Always use proper packaging when shipping the logger.
Logging interval: Fixed-rate or multiple logging intervals, with up to 8 user-defined logging intervals and durations; logging intervals from 1 second to 18 hours. Refer to HOBOware software manual.
Launch modes: Immediate start and delayed start
Offload modes: Offload while logging; stop and offload
Battery indication: Battery voltage can be viewed in status screen and optionally logged in datafile. Low battery indication in datafile.
Environmental Rating: IP68
The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with the relevant directives in the European Union (EU).
* With accurate reference water level measurement and Barometric Compensation Assistant data
** Absolute pressure sensor accuracy includes all pressure drift, temperature, and hysteresis-induced errors
† Maximum error due to rapid thermal changes is approximately 0.5%