The DT400 Waterproof Digital Pocket Thermometer with Thin Tip Probe has a large digit display visible from the top of the instrument. By using the maximum hold button, you can switch between the maximum reading and the current temperature reading.
The DT400 Pocket Thermometer can be used for food temperature checks and the thin tip probe gives a response within 6 seconds.
It is a waterproof thermometer and durable enough to use for checking the final rinse cycle temperature of commercial dishwashers.
- Response time 6 seconds
- °F/°C switchable
- Maximum temperature hold
- Field Calibratable
- Auto power off
- BioCote® antimicrobial protection
Press the on/off button to start or stop operation of the DT400. The unit will automatically power off after 35 minutes to save battery life. Press the ‘°F/°C’ button to select Fahrenheit or Celsius scale.
MAX Temperature: Press the ‘MAX’ button to display the maximum temperature recorded. To remove the MAX reading from the memory, press the MAX button and the ‘on/off’ button at the same time for 2 seconds to return the unit to current temperature display.
Data Hold: To hold a displayed reading, press the ‘D-H’ button. ‘D-H’ will show in the top right hand corner of the screen while data hold is in operation. Press the button again to return to normal operation.
Battery Removal: Use a screwdriver blade or coin to turn the battery cover counter clockwise for removal. Replace the battery and turn the cover clockwise until tight.
Field Calibration Procedures
1. The DT400 is only calibratable in a slush ice solution (60% crushed ice and 40% tapped water) or a water bath. Do not attempt to calibrate in any other manner.
2. Immerse the stem of the thermometer to at least half the length in the slush ice solution.
3. Wait for the reading to become stable (usually ±2° of +32°F or ±1° of 0°C).
4. Press and hold the ‘D-H’ button for 8 seconds to begin calibration.
5. ‘CAL’ will be displayed for seconds and calibration at 0°C / +32°F is completed.
6. Remove the thermometer from the ice water and continue to take measurements.
NOTE: ‘CAL’ will be displayed any time the ‘D-H’ key is pressed for 7 seconds, but the thermometer will not be re-calibrated unless the tip is inserted in ice.
Download LiteratureDT400 Digital Waterproof Thermometer
|Temperature Measurement Range||-20°C to +200°C / -4°F to +400°F|
|Accuracy||±0.5°C / 1°F|
|Sampling Time||1.5 seconds|
|Response||Under 6 seconds|
|Probe Tip Diameter||1.5mm|
|Battery Type (Up to mid-2014)||3V CR2032H Coin Cell|
|Battery Type (From mid-2014)||1.5 V Button Cell battery (LR44)|